Listening to community
Chris Reid: speaking with and listening to community…..
Chris said many ideas came out of his interviews with people in St Marys and from listening to the community. These ideas from people he spoke with included:
- a community approach to children’s learning by mediums such as painting, dancing and listening to stories
- Youth Drop in centre for holidays
- having more things for young students with no cost
- a motorbike track or open land/ reserves for outdoor activities such as touch footy with lighting adequate safety measures etc.
- services focusing on the needs of Elders, without having them travel to Penrith or Mt Druitt
- possibility of sending newsletters to keep the community informed of up and coming events/ services.
Photo courtesy of Making Tracks, SPYNS inc