“The Crown Theatre was built in 1953 and was the leading movie house…….where they did show the latest films from the City. St Marys was considered to be a regional area back then. It closed down in 1967 much to the disappointment of the local people. This then made the nearest Theatre in the area located in the hall on Mt Druitt Road which was difficult to visit as there was no transport to get there. Jim Hackett’s Barber Shop was located under the front awning at the front of the theatre” George Ray 2010.